How to Apply Compact Correctly
You need to master the art of applying compacts correctly if you want to make your makeup flawless. This essential makeup item can make your look or break it. Overdoing the compact can make your face look cakey. It can give you a silky smooth texture if done correctly.
This article will help you if you’re a beginner at makeup. Here are some helpful tips and a step-by-step tutorial on how to apply your compact. This ensures flawless makeup application and lasts for a long time. It can also touch up your makeup if you have dry skin. Scroll down to see the full details.
How to Apply Compact Powder Correctly
What You Will Need
- Pressed/loose compact powder
- Powder brush
- A sponge applicator
Step By Step Tutorial
Step 1: Cleansing and Moisturizing
First, clean and moisturize your face. Next, apply a primer to your face. This helps to keep your makeup on for longer and provides a uniform base.
Step 2: Dab Foundation
Apply concealer to areas that require coverage, such as the area around the mouth and under the eyes. Apply foundation to the face, and blend it well.
The compact powder should be applied after you have finished applying your foundation and concealer. If you’re using a powder and foundation (a two-in-1 product), it is best to use the powder immediately after applying the primer or after applying the foundation.
Step 3: Use Compact with Sponge
Use a sponge to apply compact dust in the shade that best suits your skin tone. Use the sponge to apply the product evenly. This method provides skin coverage and makes it flawless.
A fluffy powder brush can be used to apply compact powder. Dust the excess powder onto the brush. Apply the powder starting from the middle of the face. Use long strokes to apply the cream in a dabbing motion. Then, move on to a more sweeping motion. It should be evenly blended throughout the entire face and neck.
Step 4: Spread it All Over the Face
Apply the compact powder on your neck and in other areas. Your face could end up looking different to the rest of your body.
Your makeup is flawless and perfect now. It’s amazing how hard work can pay off.
When applying compact, be aware of these tips and precautions.
- The skin type determines the application. Suppose you have dry skin. Apply the powder only to the T-zone, under and around the eyes. It is best to avoid applying the powder on dry areas as it can cause patchy or cakey skin.
- Those with oily skin may apply the powder all over their face and perhaps more to the oilier areas, such as the T-zone.
- Use a compact powder that is two-in-one. Wait for the primer and moisturizer to dry before applying the powder. You will end up with a patchy, uneven appearance.
- When you only need quick coverage, sponge applicators work best. These are easy to apply.
- Choose a shade close to your skin. A lighter shade can cause the skin to look greyer over time.
- You can use the same foundation shade for your compact shade.
Use a sponge to apply compact powder. This makes it easy to apply your makeup and gives you a smooth, flawless look. To master your makeup skills, you should learn the precautions and tips above. Don’t forget to apply the makeup until you have the perfect finish. This comprehensive guide will help you apply compact quickly and without looking patchy or cakey.